Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hawk Band at State

Hendrickson Hawk Band participated in State on Nov. 3rd. It was a fun day, starting at 5:30 am and ending after 1:00 am. We started the morning off with a send-off of the band kids. The kids did their usual inspection on Main Street and then moved outside.
Outside they were met with parents, signs and shakers. They walked through the path and on to the buses.
Back at home everyone was getting ready with their Hawk Band shirts and excited to go and cheer Michael and the rest of the band on!
We made the drive to San Antonio to the Alamo Dome and headed inside (to the price of $135 for the group to get in the door--yikes).
The band placed 9th in prelims and we headed into finals. We headed outside for a picnic at the car and to run around a little.
We went back in for finals and Hawk Band was the first to perform. Here is a shot from the tv's.
And here is Michael after performing:
It was a amazing to be in the Alamodome and to be down on the field. The band had the performance of their lives in the finals. It was so fun to be with them and to feel of their excitement!! In the end they were 5th in State of over 200 bands. YEAH!!

1 comment:

Callie. said...

How cool! I always remember my older sister and her marching band. They went to State too, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. That is so great that Michael loves it and is doing so great. I bet he loves that you all go out to support him. I would love to go watch too, if I could just manage to get out to Texas somehow. :). Hope you guys are doing well!