Today was a better day, only sadder. Last year Christopher had a little girl in his class named Heather. Heather’s mom was pregnant at the end of the year. We saw them at the end of summer for Heather’s birthday party. She was looking cute and pregnant. She had Levi on September 7 and he was 12 weeks early. He was only 1lb 6 oz. It was a hard fight for him. At times he made good progress and then end go backwards again. At one point he got so sick they said that he wouldn’t make it through the night. He kept fighting for another 10 days. That is amazing! Levi passed away on Saturday having only lived 27 days. They had an open casket funeral day. He was the cutest little doll. It was amazing to see something so tiny. There were some good talks that made me really think. Some things went along with what I believe about life and others made me ponder a little deeper. The preacher said that he knew that Levi was with God. He also new that God had a plan in life for Levi and all of us. (So far so good). Then he said that he knew that God didn’t want this to happen (for Levi to die). At first I didn’t know what he meant. I’m sure that God doesn’t want Rick and Lucy to suffer. But I also believe, like he said, that God has a plan. Well, then wasn’t this part of the plan? I know it is a very hard thing to handle in our limited vision of time and space, but I know there is a plan for each of us. If God didn’t want this to happen, then that would have been the plan. It was just and interesting way of thinking about things. Also, this is the 4th child they’ve lost as a couple and Lucy’s 8th child she’s lost (some from previous marriage—none were born alive). She prayed that she’d finally get to hold one—that prayer was answered!!! She got to hold him several times in ICU. Also the dad gave a very composed talk about how their prayers were answered. They prayed that Levi would be made well and whole. That prayer was answered. Not in the way they were hoping, but now he is whole and doesn’t have any wires or tubes hanging out of him. It makes you grateful!!
Here is a link to their story:
http://caringbridge.org/visit/levihouse
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When my Mark died I thought it was a sad day too. Eventually I realized he was no longer tied to all those tubes in the hospital and it was a blessing he was no longer in pain. Losing a child is an event that alters your life forever.
Post a Comment