I just looked back at my history and it isn't very good. I can't believe that I haven't posted in over a month. I'm sure that most of you have given up on even looking at our blog. But you'll be happy to see that Kelsey has her own Blog now. You can see her link over to the right. She saved her money and bought her own digital camera. She hasn't put any pictures on yet, but I'm sure she will.
While the big kids were still gone to California, I took the little kids to Chuck E. Cheese. I can really only take that place in small doses. But today, I was surprised. There was no one there so we had the place to yourselves. It was a great way to entertain. We took our report cards and free token coupons and played for almost 2 hours and only spent $5 on apple pizza. Not too bad!!
Our cousins came to visit from Minnesota. It was so great to have them here. We took a trip to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and it was the perfect day. It actually wasn't too hot. Uncle Rick came with us too! Later in the week, we had a cousins trip to Austin Children's Museum. That was lots of fun too, except for trying to get everyone to pose for a picture. Uncle Brent helped out by holding a few, but a couple still got away.
Next came Aunt Sherry's baby shower at our house. It was fun to watch her open all of her presents. After the shower it was family time. We hung out at our house and played the Wii and ate. It was a wild and crazy day. Aunt Kim brought hair clip making supplies. Here are all the girl cousins showing off the new clips they just made! The cousins week ended with a trip to the Round Rock Express. It was a great week!
The next week brought a Primary Luau party. Kelsey and Connor Hopkin were the oldest kids there. I think they were feeling their age!! Paige was trilled to be at her first Primary Activity. I think she was feeling pretty grown up to be left there with the other kids.
Then Casey Sutton came to visit from Houston. We were thrilled by that. It was just like old times to have her around. We sure miss her a lot. All the kids had a great time with her and fought for her attention. We took cupcakes to Nana for her birthday, went swimming and did some other activities. Look at these big girls! It seems like just yesterday that they were little four year olds taking dance together!!
The next few days brought us meet the teacher and Kelsey looking for her name on the middle school wall. The little boys were excited to go to school and see their teachers and bring their supplies. Christopher has Ms. Harrison. She taught Kindergarten last year so he was familiar with her. She is very sweet and nice. Tanner has Ms. Jimenez. She is the right combination of loving and structured for Tanner. He has lots of friends in his class and sits by Jennie who we did preschool with! And it's official--Kelsey is off to middle school. They are given a room to go to on the first day. Then they will be given their schedules from there!
The first day of school--I'm almost caught up to real life--yeah!! We started our morning with good breakfast and a few photos out front. School starts earlier this year (time wise) than last year for everyone! Last year Michael had about 45 minutes at home after the Elementary kids left before he had to go. I'm really going to miss that time with my big kids! It was hard to let them go but they were all really excited (well, maybe Michael wasn't as excited as the rest).
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you guys have way too much fun! You are such a fun mommy!
Sounds like your life is busy as usual! Looks like fun though!
Post a Comment