Sunday, July 13, 2008

Don't Faint

Okay, for those of you who happen to occasionally check this blog, even though we don't update it very often, you are in for a treat today! I've got about 6 weeks or more to catch up on so here goes.


At the end of May Tanner had his first Piano recital and he did a great job! He didn't look nervous at all. Sister Townsend has decided to stop teaching piano to free up her time. We've been taking (starting with Michael) piano from her for years! I will really miss my weekly chat sessions with her.


Later the same day as the recital we had a Wedding Shower for Kami Townsend (soon to be--we'll she already is--Kami Clements). We invited all the Sunshine Generation girls and their moms. The girls were thrilled to be invited to such a "big" person event. We had lots of fun dressing the girls in toilet paper wedding gowns.


Then it was the last week of school and we had award assemblies and more awards assemblies. The assemblies were followed by end of the year parties. The kindergarten all sang a cute song about music and had a fun slide show for us to watch. Kelsey's awards was the hardest emotionally. They had all the 5th graders who had been at Caldwell since Kindergarten (they let Kelsey sing even though she missed one year) and it made us all cry. It was a beautiful a song about the memories they've made and walking the halls for the last time! Tanner had an ice cream party to celebrate learning their times tables! Each time the passed off a multiplication fact family ( x0, x1, x2, etc) they earned their bowl, their spoon, more scoops of ice cream and toppings. It was fun and motivating for the kids.

The last day of school was full of more parties and wearing pajamas to school. Caldwell did a fun new tradition this year and let the fifth graders be the first ones to leave the school at the end of the day. There was a banner for them and streamers on the front door. They came walking down the hall to "What Time is it?" from High School Musical 2. More crying for the moms!! The last day of school was followed by our annual last day of school party. I was actually asked this year by a couple of friends if we were having a party again because their kids were asking about. Traditions are really great for kids!!!!


Then an Ashford Summer wouldn't be complete without a little Pflugerville Piranha Swim Team in our lives. Swim Team began at the beginning of May with practice after school. Then it just ended yesterday with our final Saturday swim meet. We've only missed one meet for the piano recital and shower above and we had the 5th of July off. It has been a long time but worth it. They kids have loved it!

Miss Kami's wedding reception was so great! I spent a lot of the day helping the decorators get ready. That night Sunshine Generation surprised Will with a song for them and Kami sang to him as well. Then Jami and I had a surprise of our own and sang a song to Kami called, "Thank You for the Music." It was great and made her cry. It so wonderful to see Kami dance with her dad. That made me cry!


My sister-in-law Callie came to visit from California with her two kids Will and Lily. It was so much fun to have them here. We had a pool party for Will's birthday and then they came over to hang out on Sunday night. Lily is the happiest little baby ever. Will loved playing with Michael's Legos and especially going out on the trampoline. I love this picture of him in the air! It was fun to see Lily for the first time, to play with Will and see how much he's grown and to get caught up with Callie.

On the 4th of July Michael and Kelsey went to swim team practice. They had watermelon relays and played games. Then we went to the Round Rock parade, out to lunch at Red Robin with Rick and Sherry and then came home to swim and hang out. After swimming we barbecued dinner and went to the high school parking lot to watch the fireworks. The kids and I got on the top of the van for a better view. The funny part was when the sprinklers came on. We were on the sidewalk so we didn't get wet!

We went to the Brushy Creek pipe park the other day. I love that place. All the kids can have fun, I can sit in the shade and visit with friends and we have a tradition of going to 7-11 for Slurpees after. Lots of fun!

Now you're in the know!! I hope you feel a little more updated in your life! Have a great day! Enjoy these pictures--you never know when I'll get around to doing this again! =)

2 comments:

Regan said...

I'd like to comment on everything, but it's just too much! I'm glad you finally posted some of what you've all been up to! The pictures are great.

Sheri said...

I was wondering what happened to you! Great update! Bryn still wants to move back to TX so that we can go swimming all the time!