Happy Birthday Danielle--11 days ago!!


I can't believe that I didn't write about this because it was a crazy experience. Not the birthday but getting the pictures. We had a fun birthday with Danielle. We opened presents in the afternoon and she was really happy about that. She loved the paper.

Two days later we finally had cake--can you tell that our life is crazy? Actually we went to Six Flags on the day between. I had much guilt that we didn't have cake sooner, but what can you do. So we had cake--she was very calm with the cake, just taking big handfuls of frosting. She couldn't figure out why we were all starring at her and the big kids were cheering. They were really hoping for something exciting like a face plant or a dump on the floor--they never got their wish.

A couple days later Michael was uploading his Science Fair photos and I came into the office to see how it was going. He had just finished and was "checking to make sure all the photos were on the computer". I told him (while I was doing it) that I always erase the photos from the camera after I upload so I know that it is done. Just as I pushed erase, Michael informed me that he hadn't uploaded all the pictures, just his. That meant that I just lost Danielle's 1st year pictures, all of them. (As you can see this story has a happy ending). I started to cry. I already had guilt that we didn't have cake for two days and now I have no pictures. Michael went to bed, I called Mike and he didn't think there was a way to get them back. After I calmed down and now it was 11:30 at night, I called Mike again (he was traveling to Houston) and he said that he remembered hearing something about a recovery software. So I got on the internet and found free recovery software and got all my photos back. I was so happy. This is why I really can't believe that I didn't post because I worked so hard to get those photos. So when you push erase, the photos really are not totally lost--yippie!!


I can't believe that I didn't write about this because it was a crazy experience. Not the birthday but getting the pictures. We had a fun birthday with Danielle. We opened presents in the afternoon and she was really happy about that. She loved the paper.

Two days later we finally had cake--can you tell that our life is crazy? Actually we went to Six Flags on the day between. I had much guilt that we didn't have cake sooner, but what can you do. So we had cake--she was very calm with the cake, just taking big handfuls of frosting. She couldn't figure out why we were all starring at her and the big kids were cheering. They were really hoping for something exciting like a face plant or a dump on the floor--they never got their wish.

A couple days later Michael was uploading his Science Fair photos and I came into the office to see how it was going. He had just finished and was "checking to make sure all the photos were on the computer". I told him (while I was doing it) that I always erase the photos from the camera after I upload so I know that it is done. Just as I pushed erase, Michael informed me that he hadn't uploaded all the pictures, just his. That meant that I just lost Danielle's 1st year pictures, all of them. (As you can see this story has a happy ending). I started to cry. I already had guilt that we didn't have cake for two days and now I have no pictures. Michael went to bed, I called Mike and he didn't think there was a way to get them back. After I calmed down and now it was 11:30 at night, I called Mike again (he was traveling to Houston) and he said that he remembered hearing something about a recovery software. So I got on the internet and found free recovery software and got all my photos back. I was so happy. This is why I really can't believe that I didn't post because I worked so hard to get those photos. So when you push erase, the photos really are not totally lost--yippie!!
1 comment:
Oh how scary! I would've cried, too. Way to go, getting them back! They're such cute photos. Great job on the cake! I'm sure her birthday was super and special, and even more fun since it was prolonged! We weren't sure if she or Paige would like our gift better. ;)
Post a Comment