Michael is finally a teenager. He announced this on Saturday morning when he came in the office at 6:30 and said he couldn't sleep. Funny guy. He is really thrilled to be a teenager and we're just happy he really doesn't act like one--at least not yet. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Really he's a great kid and we're happy that he's so excited. He spent Saturday with Mike the other kids flying kites and going to pizza. I was in a show selling signs and dolls with my mom. They all came up to visit us. Then we had a family party on Sunday. We did our annual gingerbread house decorating. See our great work?


We had lots of fun eating--I mean decorating gingerbread houses. I think that every time I looked at Christopher, he was eating a mouth full of candy. A good time was had by everyone.


And then the flu struck...That night Christopher came down with it. I really thought it was all the candy that he ate...until Tuesday night when it hit the rest of us in this order:
5:00 pm Danielle
7:00 pm Paige
8:00 pm Mike (while driving back from Dallas)
1:00 am Tanner
2:30 am Kelsey
7:30 am Me
8:00 am Michael
As you can see from the times--every last one of us got this bug. I don't think we've EVER had anything that went through all of us so fast and furious. I really don't think we've ALL ever gotten the same thing. It was a crazy night and day. There are blessings to be found--Mike was at least over the worst when I got it and we don't have to wait around for anyone else to get it, because we've all had it. Here are Danielle and Paige so sick on the couch. Danielle turned 11 months by having the flu for the first time--poor baby!

Basically that is the last week in a nutshell. It's all uphill from here. We hope this finds the rest of you happy and well!!
We had lots of fun eating--I mean decorating gingerbread houses. I think that every time I looked at Christopher, he was eating a mouth full of candy. A good time was had by everyone.
And then the flu struck...That night Christopher came down with it. I really thought it was all the candy that he ate...until Tuesday night when it hit the rest of us in this order:
5:00 pm Danielle
7:00 pm Paige
8:00 pm Mike (while driving back from Dallas)
1:00 am Tanner
2:30 am Kelsey
7:30 am Me
8:00 am Michael
As you can see from the times--every last one of us got this bug. I don't think we've EVER had anything that went through all of us so fast and furious. I really don't think we've ALL ever gotten the same thing. It was a crazy night and day. There are blessings to be found--Mike was at least over the worst when I got it and we don't have to wait around for anyone else to get it, because we've all had it. Here are Danielle and Paige so sick on the couch. Danielle turned 11 months by having the flu for the first time--poor baby!
Basically that is the last week in a nutshell. It's all uphill from here. We hope this finds the rest of you happy and well!!
1 comment:
That is nooo fun about the flu. We have had a cold going through our families, but the flu is much worse!
The gingerbread houses are awesome. Growing up we did gingerbread houses and I looked forward to it each year!
Post a Comment